This post may contain referral/affiliate links. Read the full disclosure.
It can be overwhelming trying to book a flight and/or hotel without knowing if you’re really getting the best deal. There are so many websites and vendors out there that it’s confusing to know where to begin.
Recently, I was booking a trip to New York and scoured the web high and low for the most affordable rates for hotels. Obviously NYC is a pricey city and I also happened to be visiting on a holiday weekend, so it’s safe to say that prices were through the roof nearly everywhere I looked. However, there was one site that I came across (that I’ve seen recommended by some of the top travel bloggers out there) that showed the same hotels I was interested in for a much lower price.
That website is: Agoda.com!
Agoda is a travel website with over 1.5 million hotels in its directory. In terms of pricing, they promise to beat all other prices offered from other vendors. If you happen to find anything lower, they will always match the cost, so you have nothing to lose.
The difference between the hotel I found was around $50/night. Who wants to overpay for the exact same room and hotel? Thanks to Agoda, I saved $200 that the other sites would have happily charged.
The great news is, you still get the best quality of hotel selections to choose from, and even some that aren’t listed on the other top name hotel websites. You just don’t have to pay as much for the same hotel.
I love to travel as often as possible, so I am always searching for great deals on flights. My favorite search to use had always been Google Flights, but after testing out a few of the same flight dates & destinations, I found that Agoda either matches or has lower prices than Google Flights. In my experience, nothing has come closer to Agoda in terms of quality and pricing. By being a member of Agoda, you can also join one of their loyalty programs, leading to even more savings.
- Customer support with Agoda is top-notch. I had a misunderstanding when I reserved a hotel and inquired with the Agoda Customer Support team about my concern. The issue was 100% my fault as I just hadn’t read the fine print thoroughly. Their support team reached out and apologized for the confusion, sending me a $20 gift card to make up for it. They also called and made sure I received it and see if there was anything else they could do. I was left with the impression that if any issue were to arise, they would resolve it ASAP.
- Reward Points for Agoda members: There are a number of loyalty programs you can choose with Agoda. Collecting points is always something nice to look forward to– especially once they add up!
- Lowest Price Guarantee – Again, this is an awesome perk as you have nothing to lose. If you make your booking through Agoda then find the same hotel/room/dates for a lower price, they will quickly send you a refund for the extra amount you paid.
- Book Now, Pay Later – For some of the hotel reservations you make, you will see the option to Book Now, Pay Later. This can be an advantage if you would rather pay at a later date closer to your reservation.
- Special Rates – Pay at the hotel – Agoda has partnerships with several hotels that allow you to reserve your room and not pay a dime until you arrive at the hotel.
I would love to hear about your experiences with booking sites. Have you found Agoda to be the most affordable option?
Pin it! 🙂
JOIN THE VIP LIST!
Gain access to the library of free resources to grow your blog & business!